[Openicc] PPD colouring

Ann L McCarthy almccart at lexmark.com
Wed Aug 18 07:45:58 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I would like to work on this in relation to the new metadata tag that is
defined for inclusion in ICC profiles.

If the enumerated list of PPD color key words and their values can be
provided from this work to the ICC metadata project (I can help as needed)
-- then the key words and values that relate to profile selection can be
entered as metadata names and associated values in the ICC metadata
repository. The goal in this would be to encourage ICC profile
builders/editors to include those keywords and the appropriate selected
values in their profile metadata tags -- so the profiles can be matched
and validated for selection by the PPD.

Best regards,
Ann McCarthy
Imaging Systems R&D
Lexmark Imaging Solutions Division
Lexmark International, Inc.

Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>
Sent by: openicc-bounces+almccart=lexmark.com at lists.freedesktop.org
08/18/2010 09:56 AM
Please respond to
OpenICC Liste <openicc at lists.freedesktop.org>

OpenICC Liste <openicc at lists.freedesktop.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Openicc] PPD colouring

Am 18.08.10, 10:26 +0200 schrieb Kai-Uwe Behrmann:
> End user applications want to assign ICC profiles to a combination or
printer

Shall read:
... to a combination __of__ printer device, a driver and ...

> device, a driver and a set of colour related driver options. Thus for
PPD to
> support this scheme it is necessary to know, which PPD option is colour
> related. The proposal suggests a enumerated list of PPD key words named
> colourKeyWords[1-0], containing a semicolon ';' separated list of PPD
key
> words. The listed keys relate to colour and thus with their values to
the ICC
> profile selection at application level. [1]
>
> The scheme increase relyability of the local ICC profile selection
process
> and avoids interfering with non colour related features.

Sorry for the typo.