[Openicc] new/old ICC profile package

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 12:05:15 PDT 2010

On 30 August 2010 18:16, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> The AUTHORS file is irritating. Did you create all those profiles?
> Who created the profiles in the Argyll folder.
> You place on top of the package the GPL license, while the date is primarly
> public domain and zlib. Do you only target at Fedora? Than thats maybe ok.

Each profiles directory has a LICENSE and README file. If you want to
add any of your contact details in profiles/Oyranos/AUTHORS or
profiles/Oyranos/README that's fine for me, and probably the correct
thing to do if you want to be listed there. The same can be said for
the Argyllcms profiles.

I don't target this just at Fedora, it's already used by Suse and
Novell, and it's intended as a general purpose project. At one point
Ubuntu was going to ship this too; I'm not sure if they actually did
or not.

Usually AUTHORS is used for people that contribute to the project in a
substantial way, and not for individual files taken to form a
collaborative work. That said, different maintainers do things
differently.

Richard.