[Openicc] colord 0.1.6 released!

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue Apr 26 08:26:53 PDT 2011

Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> Graeme, could you imagine to make the ArgyllCMS code for support of
> measuremnt instruments available to colord / Oyranos ?

The ArgyllCMS code is already available for integration
under the AGPL license (I'm prepared to change the instrument
drivers to pure GPL V3 if that makes any difference.)
I understand that Richard wants drivers with a BSD like license though,
and I'm not prepared to give the code away, as it represents a
significant amount of work.

> Background of my question is the communication with X-Rite. I think if
> we can provide examples, that a more open licensing politic leads
> increases the amount of sold units, this will help much to solve the
> ongoing problems with support for X-Rite instruments under LINUX.

I think the reality is that the Linux driven sales of instruments
don't register compared to Apple and MSWin driven sales. If things
were otherwise, the instrument manufacturers would be providing
Linux software.