[Openicc] [Fwd: icm profiles in debian]

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:20:21 PST 2013

On 3 February 2013 22:04, edmund ronald <edmundronald at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I really wonder at this point whether some version of sRGB with a good
> license should not be baked into the print system, because if sRGB varies
> from distribution to distribution the printing of untagged files becomes
> completely random.

Would this problem be mitigated if we just added functionality to
lcms2 to check if the source and destination profile have the same
transform, and if so, just skip that part of the link? If the sRGB
profiles are different (and Elle will testify that some "sRGB"
profiles really are wrong) then we really want to do the transform
regardless.

Richard.