[Openicc] [Fwd: icm profiles in debian]

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sun Feb 3 14:15:19 PST 2013

Richard:  I think you have gotten the design essentially right.
Especially on the point of creating profiles like sRGB algorithmically.

And we should not talk about "copyrighed names".  Names are too short to
be copyrighted.  They may in same cases get mark protection (such as
trademarks, for marks used in commerce) but never copyright protection.

As for sRGB as a mark, goog and markhound.com tell me one was filed back
in 2001 but was lost by 2004 due to non-responce by the filer.  And even
that mark may have been for a specific visual appearance and not just
for the four letters.

-JimC