[Openicc] [Fwd: icm profiles in debian]

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Sun Feb 3 17:59:21 PST 2013

edmund ronald wrote:> Off the top of my head, I would think that the ICC is the right
place to go
> for ICC color profiles (!) and indeed
>
> http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter
>
> shows us some profiles, and acceptable free license conditions.  I would
>  recommend  the file*sRGB_IEC61966-2-1_no black_scaling.icc

I wouldn't recommend either of them. See
<http://www.freelists.org/post/argyllcms/Shadow-detail-problem,23>
for some technical details.

In addition, they both have the problem that they have a disabled
absolute colorimetric intent, which makes them unreliable across
the full range of possible ICC profile usage.

The sRGB profile supplied with Argyll has been released into the
public domain, and faithfully replicates the behaviour of the
widely used original HP/Microsoft sRGB profile.