[Openicc] [Fwd: icm profiles in debian]

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sat Feb 2 11:10:34 PST 2013

Hello Edmund,

here is the link to the first bug report:

When you read the copyright citation there, you will notice that this is
basically a v1 ICC license, which in turn is mentioned as inacceptable
for Debain. The sRGB profiles from the www.color.org site use that v1
ICC license.

v2 of the ICC license is now better compatible with Debian license
rules. But very few profiles are available under this license.

Am 02.02.2013 19:33, schrieb edmund ronald:
> Re my previous recommendation, note that one cannot according to the
> license rename the file, because renaming it would require changing the
> 'desc' tag internally in the file to reflect the file name.
> And anyway changing the file name would be bad karma later because it is
> preferable that people know what the file contents are ...

agreed

> Edmund

kind regards,
Kai-Uwe