[Openicc] Call for help: Review of CM patches for Poppler needed

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Mar 7 15:23:14 PST 2013

On Mar 7, 2013, at 3:20 PM, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

> But only for those models which are KNOWN to screw it up, or
> when the user chooses that option for his/her own reasons.

That's quite a list I think.

> Getting in the way of properly engineered printers just because
> some of their competition isn't is worse than trusting printers
> by default.

Define properly engineered? As far as I know there's nothing in the red book that denies vendors the right to ignore embedded CSA's or CRD's in a PostScript stream, and use whatever they want. And even if there were such behaviors defined, the cat's out of the bag on PostScript color management as the vendors are clearly doing wildly different things among product classes.  Who's going to do either the exception or qualification testing that would be needed to use PostScript color management by default?