[Openicc] GSoC 2013 preparations

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Mar 15 15:41:17 PDT 2013

Hello,

Google Summer of Code will run this year again. Participating in the
program is a chance to interesst students in working on colour management.

I would be glad if OpenICC can host a variety of projects like in recent
years.

The freedesktop.org moinmoin wiki was spammed the last days which
resulted in a DoS. All of OpenICC's wiki pages appear to be up again.

However, the administrators decided to move to a commit approach by
using git. My assumption is, that will become a barrier for non
programmers to contribute easily.

For easy editing I suggest to use the ColourWiki instead, until we find
a reasonable setup for our fd.o hosted wiki.

The initial wiki page is here:
https://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=OpenICC/GoogleSoC2013

If you want to write there an idea for your project or you like to
mentor and need a login, let me know. Alternatively send your
preformatted idea and I can put it into the wiki.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe