[Openicc] Adding translated titles to ICC files?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:19:56 PDT 2013

On 20 March 2013 05:03, Chris Murphy <chris at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> Yeah I know, but let's go back to what these things even are, before deciding whether localization is helpful:

There are instances in where showing the en_US filename is almost
never the right thing to do, e.g. for the "X11 Colors" named color
profile. It seems to me we actually want to use desc for the visible
profile name (the summary, so to speak) and then use another MLUC tag
for the actual description. It seems like a hack, but both ModelDesc
and MfgDesc can take localized text. Perhaps just including a link to
something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProPhoto_RGB_color_space
is what we want to do.

> I don't understand "compatible with" it sorta sounds like fat free ice cream, or a little bit pregnant. Is it Adobe RGB (1998) or is it not? And if it's not why is it being installed?

As Graeme answered, silly legal issues.

> X11 Colors and Crayon colors? Are these named color profiles? If so, OK. If it's a device class profile, neither make sense to me.

Yes, both NC profiles.

> D65, D55, D50, I'd think are color space profiles, but then what's the color space?

All test profiles, used for playing with the VCGT. I don't think they
are installed by default.

> BTW as of yesterday it appears I will be in Madrid next month for LGM!

Awesome. I'm 99% likely to be there, my wife has busted her hand
pretty badly, which makes looking after a 5 month old particularly
fun.

Richard.