[packagekit] some things that are not quite right in 0.1.3

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:14:23 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 19:15 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > - If there is a dependency problem in the updates, I get a bubble
> > informing me about that, but
> > then the status icon disappears, even though none of the updates have
> > been installed. That
> > looks wrong to me. The icon should stay around, perhaps change to some
> > icon that indicates
> > that updates are available, but not installable.
>
> That's a serious bug. I'll check that now.

Okay, this should be fixed in 5da7daae69f19e363a5ec4bb529477d1a6ad64c4 -
what was happening was that the UpdateSystem method was calling
finished_cb, and finished_cb refreshes the caches. Of course, when it
fails we ref an empty cache (as have no packages), and hence "have no
updates".

I've added a check for the backend exiting for PK_EXIT_ENUM_SUCCESS, so
that problem should be fixed now. Yell if this is still broken but it
seems to work for me.