[packagekit] ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR and ERROR_UNKNOWN

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 08:45:10 PDT 2008

Hi,

I spent a few minutes last night purging 'ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR' from
the backends.  This error code is only for errors internal to the PK
engine itself, not for the backends to send.  I've replaced it with a
more specific error when I could figure out what that error should be,
and ERROR_UNKNOWN when I couldn't.  ERROR_UNKNOWN isn't really much
use, though, so it would be good if we could replace these with more
specific errors.  If you let hughsie or I know, we can add more error
enums for you.  We just need a name for it, and a sentence or two
description.  Here's a list of the current enums:

http://www.packagekit.org/pk-reference.html#introduction-errors

Thanks,

-RN

--