[packagekit] ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR and ERROR_UNKNOWN

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 09:14:04 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 11:45 -0400, Robin Norwood wrote:
> If you let hughsie or I know, we can add more error
> enums for you.  We just need a name for it, and a sentence or two
> description.

If you send ERROR_UNKNOWN to the daemon, you'll get a nasty libnotify
popup box telling you the backend needs to be fixed. This is intentional
- telling users they have an error but not telling them any details, is
a very bad thing to do.

Backends _MUST_ send proper error codes. This is very important.