[packagekit] KPackageKit and Shaman working together?

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 16:07:11 PDT 2008

Hey!
We are aware of that, we have even talked together at some point ;)

Actually, it seems KPackageKit is a very basic Package-Management-Programm
(from philosophy)... nothing against that, it's great :)
But we are going to write a very advanced Package-Manager, for example at the
end we want to have something like Provider-Plugins which are used to compile
a Package from Source (supporting ABS, AUR for those who are familiar with
ArchLinux)...

Also our aim is to support every Backend natively, as it's "way" faster
then...

Wang Kai, our PackageKit-Backend-Plugin-Author will reply to this as well from
his point :)

Lukas