[packagekit] KPackageKit and Shaman working together?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 03:46:42 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 16:07 -0700, Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> Also our aim is to support every Backend natively, as it's "way"
> faster then...

Could you substantiate that? I would also like you to define faster, as
I've profiled the hell out of PackageKit, and typically it accounts for
0.5% of the entire profile when the package tool accounts for 99.5%.

Also, supporting the backend "natively" as you suggest is a really bad
idea. To do native backends you need to run the front end GUI tool as
root, which is a really, really bad design.