[packagekit] GUI ideas

Svetoslav P. Chukov svetoslav.chukov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:30:22 PDT 2008

I would like to share my thoughts with you. So, basically the
application gpk-application works but I would remark some points for
fine tuning.

 - When one clicks on a software category then automatically new list
of packages is fetched. ok, that's good but what happens if the
internet connection to the repository is slow? If there is no
connection?  The user gets really annoyed because of the continuous
slow work. So, at user point of view this is a little frustrating.

 - Another point I would say is that the install action is performed
immediately. So, no undo action is possible if the user did something
wrong. Probably good idea is to have button "apply" that will perform
the install and before that all the packages need install to be marked
somehow. A check box or something like that would be useful.

Svetoslav P. Chukov