[packagekit] GUI ideas

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri Jun 6 06:41:53 PDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Svetoslav P. Chukov
<svetoslav.chukov at gmail.com> wrote:
>  - Another point I would say is that the install action is performed
> immediately. So, no undo action is possible if the user did something
> wrong. Probably good idea is to have button "apply" that will perform
> the install and before that all the packages need install to be marked
> somehow. A check box or something like that would be useful.

I think a more useful solution would be to install instantly but
_in_the_backgroud_ and provide an easy way to list "software installed
in the last 3 days" as it would allow you to undo not only immediately
but even several days later.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution