[packagekit] Regarding rollbacks

Ashwini Dhiman ashwinidhiman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 06:57:41 PST 2009

> Well, there might be a little bit of daemon and UI work to do, as no
> backend currently supports rollback, not even conary :(

According to the conary website, it supports at least command line
based rollbacks
http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Conary:Updates_and_Rollbacks

So probably installing Foresight Linux and working on Conary would help.

> I do think you could get the conary integration work completed in a few
> hours tho. I've not looked into it in too much detail.
>
> It would be a good idea to email the rpm and yum developers about how to
> do this on a fedora system, if nothing else for ideas and feedback.

Yes, that would be the last option if no other alternative is found.
Although I would like to give conary a try if it helps.
If they claim that it supports rollback than maybe it would give some
know-how at least.

Regards,
Ashwini