[packagekit] Regarding rollbacks

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett dmacvicar at suse.de
Mon Feb 16 01:03:01 PST 2009

Richard Hughes wrote:
>> What is the concept of a rollback in Packagekit?
>
> A roolback is when you return the whole machine to the state it was in
> some time before, ignoring user data and documents. I think the only
> backend that does rollbacks on it's own is conary.

Is that possible? To implement it at either backend or packagekit level?

I am thinking also in history. AFAIK packagekit has its own "history",
but I would like to implement history in ZYpp using ZYpp's own API (as
all the other tools history end there).

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST