[packagekit] Regarding rollbacks

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:10:27 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 12:01 +0100, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> That is the yum case :-)

I had a suspicion zypp might be cleverer in that regard :-)

> but libzypp already saves that information. It would be cool if we could
> expose the history natively. And leave the PK sqlite history for
> backends not having history at all (actually not a bad idea for quite a
> lot of APIs, provide a default, allow overriding :-) )

Sure, you could do that. All the database stuff is abstracted nicely in
the PkTransactionDb GObject, which you could probably subclass or just
replace with #ifdefs. I don't think this belongs in the backend, this is
more of a per-system thing, and not really pluggable. Maybe. Dunno.

Ideas welcome :-)