[packagekit] Inviting you to project "PackageMap"

Christian Faulhammer fauli at gentoo.org
Mon Jun 15 14:27:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

Sebastian Pipping <webmaster at hartwork.org>:
> > I am convinced the project will be more viable if people can choose
> > their level of contribution. Many developers just won't care enough
> > to take the extra hassle.
>
> Agreed.  However, I don't see a huge difference in level of
> extra hassle.  The most difficult thing is doing who's-the-vendor
> research in my eyes atm which is the same at both ends.
> Maybe collaborating at a central place can add some fun that
> adding "some field I don't really care about" downstream cannot.

 I agree with Petteri here, adding the cpe information into our
metadata.xml makes forgetting entry submissions to PackageMap really
easy for everyone.  Thus automatic extraction of information from your
side from metadata.xml files should be one option to gather the
information.

V-Li

<URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>