[packagekit] Resolve function specification

Mounir Lamouri mounir.lamouri at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 15:04:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

Still me with specifications. Sorry for bothering and spamming everybody but I
think it's needed to make things clearer.

I think Resolve is really under-documented. Specification says : "This method
turns a single package name into a package_id suitable for the other methods."

First of all, yum backend is considering the input as a list, not a single
package id.
Next, yum backend has a special behaviour. It looks like "newest" is always enabled.
Finally, this function is even more difficult to manage because specification
doesn't tell how it's used. Everybody will understand Search* functions are for
users and most functions use cases are clear. This one is clearly internal but
how exactly. It will help for backend choices and probably will help to
understand yum backend choices.

Richard, can you help me (us) ?

Thanks,
Mounir