[packagekit] PackageKit 0.5.4 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:36:34 PST 2009

2009/11/3 Matthias Klumpp <matthias at nlinux.org>:
> This may be a stupid question, but would you recommend the usage of
> PackageKit-GLib2 interface for now?

Not now, but in a few weeks time. See below.

> Cause I translate the C-Headers into a different language, I have to care
> about every API change, otherwise the application does very strange
> things...
> In other words: How much will the API change in 0.5.x series?

I've got a branch that converts all the structure members into proper
GObjects. This makes the library introspectable, and makes bindings
much easier to write (and maintain!). It also lets us add properties
in the future without breaking API and ABI.

I'm planning to merge this branch just as soon as I've got
gnome-packagekit to compile with the new 100% GObject design, which
hopefully will be next week.