[packagekit] app-install 0.1.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 02:22:27 PDT 2010

On 2 September 2010 22:20, Anders F Björklund <afb at algonet.se> wrote:
> Going with the distro-version/repo theme, it would look something
> like "packages-8-stable.db" (and matching icons tarball, per "repo").

It's completely up to the distro. For fedora, I've just used "fedora"
but maybe fedora-14 might have been better.

> I noticed it always installs the yum extractor, maybe a feature ?

I'm not sure if we want to install this or not.

> One thing I noted was that some applications have their icons in
> "pixmaps", maybe those need to have their size identified and
> copied to the proper directory ? Currently it only checks "icons".

Checkout git, there are tons of fixes for getting and converting icons.

> And then there is /usr/local/kde4/share/applications/kde4 too...
> (/usr/local/share/applications/kde as well) So maybe it could do
> with some more configuration on those, instead of hardcoding ?

I think those directories are deprecated, no? And for configuration, a
GKeyFile-style file in /etc is probably a good idea, if nothing else
than to decide what sizes of icons to generate.