[packagekit] Zif 0.2.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 03:46:30 PDT 2011

Zif is a simple yum-compatible library that only provides read-write
access to the rpm database and the Fedora metadata for PackageKit.

Version 0.2.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Released: 2011-06-07

Notes:
 - This release breaks API in a small way for zif_store_remote_set_enabled
 - Multiarch is now well supported with some new transaction self tests
 - Native RHN support has been added which works, but is slow

New Features:
 - Add an --exact-arch command line argument to the zif command line tool
 - Add initial RHN package and store support with elective precaching
 - Take the architecture in consideration when filtering a package list for age
 - Use mirrorlist_expire from the config file

Bugfixes:
 - Add a ZifState argument to zif_store_remote_set_enabled()
 - Create a nice format string for RPMPROB_OBSOLETES for new versions of RPM
 - Do not assert if zif_config_set_filename() is called twice, return
a GError instead
 - Do not require the caller to unref zif_state_get_child() to match
the method comment
 - Ensure we exit with an error if we ensure a store that is not supported
 - Fedora 15 and above no longer ships a stage2 upgrade image
 - Fix updating a x86_64 package where multiple architecture updates
are available
 - If the user specified --skip-broken then connect up a dummy error handler
 - If we failed to write the lock file, then do not retry another 9 times
 - It's not valid to call zif_package_compare() with two packages of
different architecture
 - Remove the global lock and instead use three locks for writing and
none for reading
 - Repo files do not have to contain an 'enabled=' entry

Tarballs available here: http://www.packagekit.org/releases/

Richard