[packagekit] Allowing globbing in Resolve()

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 10:17:19 PDT 2011

I've been wanting to fix this bug for a long time:

pkcon install upower\*
pkcon remove tr?cker\*

i.e. turning on globbing. I'm pretty sure we don't want globbing for
SearchName and the other search operators, as these just search a
substring anyway. Resolve() is the only thing that wants to be parsing
odd things from the user. I'm also certain I don't want to support
regular expressions.

I'm going to turn on globbing in the zif backend and see what breaks.
If it's a success I'll amend the spec and recommend that all backend
support globbing for Resolve.

Comments welcome,