[packagekit] Format of link lists (e.g. Bugzilla references)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Sep 21 11:04:29 PDT 2011

Hi,

I found an interoperability issue between PackageKit-zif and
Apper/KPackageKit, and before I file a bug, I need to know who's wrong:

Apper/KPackageKit expects the lists to have the URL first and the title
second, i.e. (from Apper master, but I also checked the older KPackageKit
code and it did the same):
    for (int i = 0; i < length; i += 2) {
        if (!ret.isEmpty()) {
            ret += "<br/>";
        }
        ret += QString::fromUtf8(" \xE2\x80\xA2 <a href=\"") +
linkList.at(i) + "\">"
               + linkList.at(i + 1) + "</a>";
    }

The PackageKit zif backend, on the other hand, produces the URL first:
g_string_append_printf (string_bugzilla, "%s;%s;",
                        zif_update_info_get_title (info),
                        zif_update_info_get_url (info));

This is not noticeable with the yum backend because it just sets both the
URL and the title to the URL.

So, who's wrong?

        Kevin Kofler