minor issues

solsTiCe d'Hiver solstice.dhiver at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 00:45:11 PDT 2012

hi.
on archlinux x86_64, I just tried plymouth and that works fine. Nice
boot now !

I was already using nouveau driver so that was a swift and easy
transition to plymouth

However I have 2 minors issue with it
(1) when I switch back from Xorg (gnome 3 fallback mode autologin from
gdm) to tty1, the boot sequence is not complete. It seems the screen has
not scrolled down so I can't see the latter message.

(2) One more annoying issue, is that the password I type to login in
tty1 is visible ! not hidden. So After I have logged in tty1, the
password is still on screen !
This does not happen in the other ttys.

I found only one mention of that latter problem ina gentoo page that
does not explain how to fix that.