minor issues

solsTiCe d'Hiver solstice.dhiver at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:31:10 PDT 2012

Le mercredi 13 juin 2012 à 13:21 -0400, Ray Strode a écrit :
> Normally you would make sure the X server is started on tty1.

how strange ? normally it is run on tty7

> Make sure plymouth is quit before you let the getty use the tty.

well, I tried a hack.

I made a wrapper script to agetty in /usr/local/sbin
and called that wrapper script in inittab:
c1:2345:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/agetty -8 --noclear -s 38400 tty1 linux

the wrapper script is
#!/bin/bash
while /bin/plymouth --ping;
do
        sleep 1
done
exec /sbin/agetty "$@"

It does not work. i.e. agetty is run on tty1 at the same time as the others not later !
I tried with a sleep 120 before the exec line and this time the agetty is run only when on request
i.e. when switching to tty1.
But the password is still in clear.