[Pm-utils] pm-suspend working only after resuming from pm-hiberante

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:29:45 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Leonardo Canducci
<leonardocanducci at yahoo.it> wrote:
> --- Mar 7/10/08, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Da: Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com>
>> <leonardocanducci at yahoo.it> wrote:
>>
>> > So why does pm-suspend works every time after an
>> hibernate/thaw cycle and doesn't on a normal boot?
>> That's wierd!
>>
>> So, you're saying that:
>>
>> 1. Suspend to ram after a regular boot fails to restore
>> video
>>
>> 2. Suspend to ram after a thaw from hibernate restores
>> video correctly
> That's it. Sorry if I was not clear enough.
> In case 1. system freezes and I have to shutdown via power button. In case 2. I can use s2ram without problems. I can't really figure out the reason of this different behaviour.

That seems like it could only be a problem in the kernel or in the X
video driver. But since you say that the system freezes (rather than
just the video failing), I'm leaning towards the kernel.

You said this was an Intel 855GM? What kernel are you running? What X
driver are you using? If you can get the Xorg log or dmesg from when
the display fails to come back, that might be helpful.

I'm cc'ing Jesse Barnes to see if he might be more familiar with
resume issues with 855GM. Please keep him in the reply list.

--
Dan