[poppler] Please apply some changes to poppler to be able to extend separatelly

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Dec 11 15:19:46 PST 2008

A Dijous 11 Desembre 2008, Koji Otani va escriure:
> Hi
> I'm Koji Otani.
>
> I'm developing a CUPS filter derived from poppler.
> I included changed poppler sources into this.
> But that is not good for maintainance.
> So, I'd like to separate poppler sources and my sources.
> Could you apply following changes to poppler so that I can do this ?
>
> (1) include fofi headers into XPDF_HEADERS which are installed
>       with 'configure --enable-xpdf-headers'.
>
> (2) change private members of SplashClip, SplashPath
>       and SplashXPath to 'protected'.
>
> I attached a patch which do these.
>
> I would appreciate it if you could apply the patch.

I've applied to the master branch but not to stable branch. They'll be there
in poppler 0.12

You probably know it, but i'm going to say it anyway :D

Using poppler internals is totally discouraged and we will change the API
there as we need and as we like, what we should really be doing is creating a
stable simple and clean C++ API in top of the beast that poppler core is, but
that is a lot of work i can't command (i can't even get time to review your
color management patch :-/)