[poppler] Please apply some changes to poppler to be able to extend separatelly

Koji Otani sho at bbr.jp
Thu Dec 11 20:37:56 PST 2008

Thank you for your applying my patch.
-----------
Koji Otani.

From: Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org>
Subject: Re: [poppler] Please apply some changes to poppler to be able to extend separatelly
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:19:46 +0100

aacid> A Dijous 11 Desembre 2008, Koji Otani va escriure:
aacid> > Hi
aacid> > I'm Koji Otani.
aacid> >
aacid> > I'm developing a CUPS filter derived from poppler.
aacid> > I included changed poppler sources into this.
aacid> > But that is not good for maintainance.
aacid> > So, I'd like to separate poppler sources and my sources.
aacid> > Could you apply following changes to poppler so that I can do this ?
aacid> >
aacid> > (1) include fofi headers into XPDF_HEADERS which are installed
aacid> >       with 'configure --enable-xpdf-headers'.
aacid> >
aacid> > (2) change private members of SplashClip, SplashPath
aacid> >       and SplashXPath to 'protected'.
aacid> >
aacid> > I attached a patch which do these.
aacid> >
aacid> > I would appreciate it if you could apply the patch.
aacid>
aacid> I've applied to the master branch but not to stable branch. They'll be there
aacid> in poppler 0.12
aacid>
aacid> You probably know it, but i'm going to say it anyway :D
aacid>
aacid> Using poppler internals is totally discouraged and we will change the API
aacid> there as we need and as we like, what we should really be doing is creating a
aacid> stable simple and clean C++ API in top of the beast that poppler core is, but
aacid> that is a lot of work i can't command (i can't even get time to review your
aacid> color management patch :-/)
aacid>
aacid> Albert