[poppler] (no subject)

Pino Toscano pino at kde.org
Tue May 12 01:53:37 PDT 2009

Hi,

> I haven't found any code example on the web about the annotations classes.
> The okular source code would be a great example unfortunatly I can't
> download it easily because I'm working on Windows.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegraphics/okular
go in the generators/poppler dubdirectory for the poppler backend.

> The thing is I create the annotations well (I think) but after that I don't
> success to store it in a xml file because the store fonction need a
> QDocument and a QNode and it's not very clear in my head.

You most don't need to look at the functions to retrieve/store annotations
from/to XML.
What is your exact use case, ie what are you trying to do?

> Moreover, when I have created the annotation I don't know how to do to view
> it.

Current poppler support for annotations is read-only, ie you can only get the
annotations of a document's page, but you cannot change them, nor add new
ones.
The current *Annotation classes are not wrapper to internal objects, but
just "data objects". Changing the values on instance of those objects will do
nothing on the document they belong to.

--
Pino Toscano