[poppler] Form Reset Patches

Carlos Garcia Campos carlosgc at gnome.org
Sun Aug 28 03:24:04 PDT 2011

Excerpts from Albert Astals Cid's message of jue ago 25 02:12:07 +0200 2011:
> More than a year ago Guillermo Amaral posted some patches for enabling form
> reset, i've reworked them to the final requirements Carlos and I gave.
>
> I've integrated them + a Okular patch and it "works for me" but I'd like a
> review before commiting to master.

How do you reset the forms in okular? Reset action affects the
document, not only the view.

"Upon invocation of a reset-form action, a conforming processor shall
reset selected interactive form fields to their default values; that
is, it shall set the value of the V entry in the field dictionary to
that of the DV entry (see Table 220). If no default value is defined
for a field, its V entry shall be removed"

So, I guess we should add FormField::reset() method to do that.

> But as the feature freeze triggers in 4 days you have that time to review :D
>
> In the core there is a new LinkResetForm that is LinkAction and has the flags
> and the field list

Even though there's only one flag I think we should expose it as an
enum in the core too, or as a boolean, but if more flags are added in
future versions of pdf using a boolean might be a problem.

> In the qt4 frontend there is the mirror public structure but the field list is
> a list of fully qualified names instead of a list of field *

I think frontends should do the opposite, I mean, return a list of
Field objects, so that viewers can simply call reset method on every
form field when reset action is triggered.

> Albert

Regards,
--
Carlos Garcia Campos