[poppler] Annotation support

Tim Hoffmann hoffmann at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Sun Oct 30 03:05:44 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to get the coordinates of annotations in a pdf file using
the qt-interface. However with most annotation types the boundary rect
has x and y but no width nor height.

I'm especially interested in highlight annotations. But here again the
annotation has a position, but no width and height. Also the
highlightQuads() constist of four points which are identical to the
the position. I would have expected an area spanned by four points.

The annotations were generated from LaTeX via pdfcomment and display
is correct in Adobe Acrobat. I'm using poppler v0.16.7 (Ubuntu). Are
these annotations not yet completely implemented or do I misunderstand
how these values are to be interpreted? If the second is the case,
could you hint me at some information on position and dimension of
annotations? Thanks!

Regards,
Tim