[poppler] Annotation support

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Oct 30 04:13:27 PDT 2011

A Diumenge, 30 d'octubre de 2011, Tim Hoffmann vàreu escriure:
> Hi,

Hi

> I'm trying to get the coordinates of annotations in a pdf file using
> the qt-interface. However with most annotation types the boundary rect
> has x and y but no width nor height.
>
> I'm especially interested in highlight annotations. But here again the
> annotation has a position, but no width and height. Also the
> highlightQuads() constist of four points which are identical to the
> the position. I would have expected an area spanned by four points.
>
> The annotations were generated from LaTeX via pdfcomment and display
> is correct in Adobe Acrobat. I'm using poppler v0.16.7 (Ubuntu). Are
> these annotations not yet completely implemented or do I misunderstand
> how these values are to be interpreted? If the second is the case,
> could you hint me at some information on position and dimension of
> annotations? Thanks!

I had a quick look at the code it should work (i.e. have width and height !=
0), you have two options:
 * Debug it yourself
 * Open a bug in bugs.freedesktop.org and attach the pdf file you are using
and when someone has time we will have a a look at it.

Albert