[poppler] pdftoppm - Error: Couldn't find a font for 'UMVSUI+ArialNarrow-Bold', subst is 'Helvetica'

Stefano Emilio Campanini stefano.campanini at tinvention.net
Wed Feb 8 06:29:27 PST 2012

On 8 February 2012 15:09, Stefano Emilio Campanini
<stefano.campanini at tinvention.net> wrote:
> 2012/2/8 suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you post a sample PDF (or upload it to somewhere) showing
>> the warning? It seems that the object reference tree in the PDF is
>> looking like as if the PDF includes embedded fonts for ArialNarrow,
>> CourierNewPS, etc, but poppler could not load them (and substituted
>> them by external font resource).
>
> They are eBooks not free, how can give you they without break copyrights ?
> There is another way ? Can I extract a single page, without modify
> what you need for investigate the problem ?
> Suggest me the way , please.

Hi mpsuzuki,

I have trained on linux and the error disappear, any ideas to solve it
on Windows ?
I'm using noarch pre compiled version of poppler , downloaded , as
suggested by this mailing list, from here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win64/openSUSE_12.1/noarch/

Thanks
Stefano

--