[poppler] Annot rendering improvements

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Sat Mar 31 05:20:21 PDT 2012

> From: Carlos Garcia Campos
>> Excerpts from Fabio D'Urso's message of jue mar 29 00:47:36 +0200 2012:
>> 0005 adds leading line support when drawing AnnotLines.
>This causes that nothing is drawn in page 7 of pdf_commenting_new
>where Leader extension lines are supposed to be. Previously, two lines
>were rendered, although without the leading thing.

Thank you for testing. After some some experiments I found the cause.
I mildly blame the PDF itself for this. Those two annotations exceed the bbox.
Looking closer, you'll see that only the visible part of the AnnotLine is drawn
(a small fraction of the leading lines).
The only solution I see is to disable bbox clipping. The specs say that each annot
must be contained within the bbox, but acroread does not enforce this, which is
probably why no one noticed. If you disable clipping, everything gets fine.
(I'm attaching a diff for you to test with)

>> Note on 0007: AnnotFreeText is a box with text inside. This patch only implements basic functionality:
>>  [...]
>> I'll try to fix 0007 to output font res dict tomorrow, but I feel that even at this stage this basic implementation can be useful.
>> The other patches are final
>>
>I haven't tried this yet, since it doesn't seem to be finished.
I don't plan to add other features to AnnotFreeText, therefore I consider them final.

Thanks,
Fabio