[poppler] Turning off anti-aliasing and hinting?

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 12 17:41:44 PST 2013

Hi,

Qt4 binding of poppler (using Splash backend) has
a method to configure the anti-aliasing and hinting;
Poppler::Document::setRenderHint().
Thus, it would be possible for the application
using poppler-qt4 to have a preference switch.

But poppler cairo backend does not have a method
for such purpose. I've ever written a patch to add
such method. See discussion beginning from
	http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/poppler/2010-August/006271.html
Anyway, there was no consensus whether such feature
is good idea, because too many configurable parameters
do not help the user but confuse them.

# BTW, I've not worked for the anti-aliasing on
# graphic object. I only tested the font/text objects.

Regards,
mpsuzuki