[poppler] Fwd: Too many fonts embedded in a document?

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 1 12:02:09 PDT 2013

Are you sure that the problem is fonts?Does the smaller file look correct when you view it?A number of output errors were fixed around the time of 0.18 by falling back to rasterization in more cases.If you change -r 300 to -r 72, does the output get a lot smaller?Your file might have an example of a PDF feature that pdftops needs to rasterize and 0.18 might have produced a non-rasterized image that is subtly incorrect.In the current version of poppler, you could try looking at PSOutputDev::checkPageSlice to check whether your file triggers rasterization through the line  rasterize = scan->usesTransparency() || scan->usesPatternImageMask();William