[poppler] Poppler Server

Todd Hubers todd.hubers at alivate.com.au
Mon Oct 19 21:22:41 PDT 2015

I have been maintaining a Windows build of Poppler. I'm currently going
through another iteration with Ilya (contractor), to provide both a 64-bit
build and also to enable more convenient Windows app integration.

Ilya determined that linking would be unlikely/unfeasible. So not wanting
to waste time have decided to go down a Poppler Server path. Starting with
an HTTP Server which can stay running enables a local application to
leverage Poppler without needing files as intermediates. With nginx such a
Poppler Server could be exposed directly to the internet as a service.

I plan to make the architecture of Poppler Server decoupled from the HTTP
Web implementation, enabling future IPC and other channels.

Please message me to gain access to our shared Google Doc spec draft.

You may have further insights into proper library linking with Visual
Studio C++, and other draft plans for a similar Server that I could
consider.

Thanks,

Todd Hubers (BBIT Hons)
Software Engineer