[poppler] Poppler Server

Harry harry at midnight-labs.org
Fri Oct 30 02:30:18 PDT 2015

Hi Todd (and list),

  Re: linking with visual studio, one option you can consider is creating a
plain C wrapper API for the functionality you require, then you can link
poppler as a win32 dll, this simplifies linking and integration with
windows apps.

  Another alternative is to provide the functionality you require available
as a standalone executable, this makes integration very easy. I made a
program a few years ago called PandaPDF which does image rendering, content
extraction and manifest generation - it uses Poppler for most tasks, but
can render pages with multiple drivers (Splash, Cairo, Photoshop,
Ghostscript).

  https://github.com/HarryR/PandaPDF