[Portland] DAPI is alive

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Tue Aug 1 22:58:31 PDT 2006

Sort of. At DDC several people asked about DAPI. Although most of the
focus has been on xdg-utils the recent weeks I am happy to let you all
know that OSDL has asked the Gtk+ experts over at Imendio AB to develop
a gnome daemon for DAPI. The daemon is currently available from
http://portland.freedesktop.org/download/dapi-gnome-daemon-0.1.tar.bz2
till we have decided whether it should call Gnome CVS or the Portland
CVS its home. The daemon still uses the custom IPC mechanism at the
moment but the intention is to switch that over to DBUS.

DAPI will be one of the things to discuss at the Portland conference
call this Thursday, so please join us there. Call details below. [1]
Make sure to take a look at the gnome daemon before the call.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman

[1] In case you had already deleted the previous mail. [2]
[2] Now you have no excuses left.

---
Portland - DTL Technical Workgroup conference call