[Portland] screensaver lock vs. activate, then reset

Whipple, Tom tom.whipple at intel.com
Mon Aug 7 14:02:05 PDT 2006

What is the correct behavior for the screen saver? I see we now have a
'lock' command. How does this differ from the 'activate' command?

On my system (SUSE 10/Gnome) the reset command unlocks (no passwd
required) the screensaver when it is locked for both activate and lock.
My system is configured to ask for a password when the screen saver
wakes up.

It seems to me that it is a bug for the screensaver to wake up without
asking for a password via 'reset' but this isn't well defined. What do
people think?