[Portland] Issues with 1.0beta2 and KDE

Whipple, Tom tom.whipple at intel.com
Tue Aug 8 13:37:50 PDT 2006

It seems to me 'find $HOME -type d -a -name Desktop' is less
complicated. But, as you point out, that breaks down if the desktop
directory is called something else. I had really hoped that the tests
would run in the same way for all desktops that are tested (no calling
desktop specific utilities), since that's what we are shooting for with
xdg-utils.

> That should work in the testcase, because it's run in the user's
desktop
> and
> it's not su-ed to root (it's not, is it?).

Well, the tests do run as root also, the idea being to test the root
user's desktop. Admittedly, this is not a priority.

-tom