[Portland] Issues with 1.0beta2 and KDE

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Aug 9 05:21:49 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 22:37, Whipple, Tom wrote:
> [...]

 Isn't the idea rather that xdg-utils wrap calling desktop specific
utilities :) ? The tests don't run the same way on different desktops and if
we want to test that xdg-desktop-icon works fine in KDE than KDE's desktop
needs to be tested (by finding it using the kde-specific tools).

> > That should work in the testcase, because it's run in the user's
> > desktop and it's not su-ed to root (it's not, is it?).
>
> Well, the tests do run as root also, the idea being to test the root
> user's desktop. Admittedly, this is not a priority.

 I did not mean running normal root's desktop but any kind of su/sudo which
could destroy the user's environment variables of the running desktop, making
e.g. the $KDE_FULL_SESSION test fail.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer