[Promotion] You are invited to GUADEC 2006

Quim Gil qgil at desdeamericaconamor.org
Wed Apr 5 08:58:16 PDT 2006

GUADEC 2006 is being held in Vilanova i la Geltrú (Catalonia - Spain) at
the end of June - http://guadec.org

In order to enforce dialog and collaboration we have decided to offer to
the KDE project free registration for 10 members. Freedesktop.org, X,
Xfce and other free desktop related people can also get a reasonable
amount of invitations. Just ask.

The Call for Participation is closed for submissions targeting the
GUADEC Core days. However, the call is still open to sessions proposed
for the WarmUp Weekend and the After Hours Workshops, and the GUADEC
Committee is leaving some slots available in the Core days to late but
very interesting proposals. Sessions relating to free desktop topics are
welcome if they are interesting to the GNOME community, but they don't
need to be exclusively related to GNOME.

For instance, we invited Waldo Bastian to submit a session explaining
the Portland Project and here we go: http://guadec.org/node/225 (thanks
Waldo). Feel free to suggest ways to participate actively, as we all are
trying to do through this channel.

Also, we are organizing a football match: GNOME - Rest Of The World

And yes, it's serious. What would you expect, being in Futbolàndia
during the FIFA World Cup.  :)   We will provide the infrastructure,
neutral referees and customized t-shirts for the members of both teams.

Someone in guadec-list has already mentioned the risk of playing against
a team with a high KDE component, since KDE has a high German component
and we know that Germany is default favorite in any football match.  :)
Anyway, GNOME has started recruiting the stars for its dream team. And
we expect the Rest Of The World to accept the challenge.

As any other GUADEC participants, you have the chance to request
sponsorship if your budget is tight. Accommodation, which is one of the
most expensive costs of any conference, is quite affordable if you join
the GNOME Village.

See http://guadec.org for more details and do not hesitate asking me if
you have questions.