Fwd: [Promotion] Rolling up things

Quim Gil quimgil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:39:37 PST 2006

2006/12/18, Jeff Waugh <jdub at perkypants.org>:
> Thilo: Tell me why (costly) collaboration on marketing issues is going to be
> of more benefit than (cheaper) focus on our own awesomeness.

This is a good point. Perhaps it is worth to collaborate finding out
together which are the key factors of FLOSS domination worldwide (i.e.
massive adoption in primary schools). Then each project would keep
building separatedly their marketing strategy, but we would be
focusing on the same fronts.

If the fronts are well selected, this uncoordinated but combined
attack should bring more and better results.

This means that we would be collaborating more in the meta-marketing
aspect behind the visible marketing campaigns. This is more or less
the same we are doing from a development point of view, making sure
there is a common infrastructure, protocols and basic set of
priorities even if the applications and desktop modules in the surface
are different.