Fwd: [Promotion] wake up... a news portal for free software?

Thilo Pfennig tpfennig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:00:45 PST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig at gmail.com>
Date: 10.02.2006 17:13
Subject: Re: [Promotion] wake up... a news portal for free software?
To: Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>

Thanks for the feedback Tom and Quim,

We have to face up to the realities of the non-geek media and tackle them,
> rather than hiding behind groovy geek approaches. You get press coverage
> with
> good stories, good material to convey those stories and a lot of hard
> work.

This is surely true. And I think I would not want anybody to switch in the
free desktop environment to found a press site instead of making good
stories or good marketing. If they do it. I think sharing knowledge should
be happening today, not waiting on a new site. I still believe such a site
can be useful and I would still target the free desktop projects as major
users, although I rather would have people from the boarders of the movement
to jump in here to build this. Because that is what I thought this site
could do: Leave the developers more time for their work. This site should be
helpful where ressources for marketing and public relation are the lowest
(that means the smaller the community the more useful it would be).

thanks again for the feedback. If somebody else have thoughts about this or
how such a site could be most useful, your comments are welcome.

Thilo

--
http://vinci.wordpress.com

--