[Promotion] hello

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Jan 23 11:23:23 PST 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 19:55, Santiago Roza wrote:
> On 1/23/06, Patrick Trettenbrein <patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net> wrote:
> > The main goals of the new marketing group will be:
> >
> > - promoting the free desktop and its advantages
> > - doing market research
>
> the whole thing sounds great, but i'd change this part.  if there are
> only two elements in the list, it looks better if you don't list them
> that way.
>
> i'd suggest "The main goals of the new marketing group will be
> researching the market, and promoting the free desktop and its
> advantages".

Wasn't there a draft press release already sent to the Gnome people for
review? Some of the people who attended Portland were working on that and
from what I gathered there's a draft that is only waiting for approval from
the GNOME people before it can be sent as press release.

(Not that I don't value Patrick's effort, but now people are doing double
work.)

--
Martijn